Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My new project

So I have these couches that my mom gave me. I love the shape, love that they're footed, love that they are in excellent condition....HATE the fabric. So I'm going to attempt to reupholster them. (YIKES!) I'm actually excited and I think with the right tools, it will be a huge pain, but I can do it. I know enough about fabrics and hiding seams and such, that I can figure it out. Now comes the hard part. What fabric do I use?! I've already found several that I LOVE, but of course the things I love are super expensive. Like $30+ per yard...And I'm gonna need around 10 yards. Sheesh. If you go to this website: http://beautifulfabric.com/asccustompages/31.html and look at all the black and white (piano), or espresso colored ones...Oh my gosh. TRUE LOVE. I love the Bergdorff Piano, Brambley Saddle, Danube Hershey, Danube Piano, Harpers Piano, Lebeau Piano, All the Legends colors...I could go on and on. But I know that if I just drive to Mesa and go to Home Fabrics, I'll be able to find fabric that will be much cheaper, and ALMOST as pretty. If not as pretty. It just depends. I'm hesitant to start this project, but I HAVE to do it. I'm setting a goal to have it completed by March. March is gonna be busy, and very crazy, so I have to do it by then. The challenge will be finding a fabric I want to use that is $10/yard or less. WISH ME LUCK!!

2 comments:

  1. how is it coming? Post some pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, these have been put on the back burner. No pics yet because no progress has been made. HA. HA. I have to finish this book first.

    ReplyDelete